The Medical Assistant/LPN will work as a Photodynamic Therapy Technician/Lab Technician and will collaborate with the physicians and patient care teams to provide excellent patient care and service. Responsibilities include a variety of patient care tasks including providing photodynamic therapy, prior authorizations, telephone calls, Electronic Health Record charting, lab duties and other administrative and clinical duties as assigned.
- Administer photodynamic light therapy treatments to patients according to physician orders.
- Deliver high quality and efficient patient care services including relaying instructions to patients/families, communicating pertinent clinical information including pathology and lab results and medication refills.
- Perform lab duties including instrument sterilization and processing, specimen handling, biopsy log management and other duties as assigned.
- Performs clinical duties including phlebotomy, suture removals and wound care.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations and policies, procedures and standards
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program with a current Medical Assistant Certification (CMA or RMA) or Licensed Practical Nurse
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability or experience in patient flow management, medical assisting, and confidential management of patient health information
- Ability to multi-task and to provide services to patients in a warm, professional manner
- Electronic Health Record experience
Monday – Friday, 40 Hours, day shift