The Medical Receptionist is responsible for greeting patients, registering patients and answering clinic phone calls in a prompt, courteous and professional manner. The Medical Receptionist plays an integral role in providing excellent service to our patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and register patients, enter patient information into computer
- Answer multi-line telephone and direct calls appropriately
- Collect payment for medical and cosmetic services, verify insurance
- Create, pull and file patient charts
- Scan documents into Electronic Health Records (EHR) system
- Schedule appointments over phone and in-person
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patient health information
- Collect payment for retail product sales
- Other clerical duties as assigned
- HS Diploma or equivalent. Advanced training or education in customer service or medical reception desired
- Experience in front desk and/or clinical area registering patients, collecting payments and obtaining/verifying insurance information.
- Ability to communicate calmly and clearly with patients and others on the phone and in-person
- Knowledge of customer service principles and techniques
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including multi-line telephone, scanner, computer and fax machine.
- Ability to navigate Practice Management and EHR systems
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm