The Medical Receptionist is responsible for greeting patients, registering patients and answering clinic phone calls in a prompt, courteous and professional manner. The Medical Receptionist plays an integral role in providing excellent service to our patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet and register patients, enter patient information into computer
• Answer multi-line telephone and direct calls appropriately
• Collect payment for medical and cosmetic services, verify insurance
• Create, pull and file patient charts
• Scan documents into Electronic Health Records (EHR) system
• Schedule appointments over phone and in-person
• Maintain strict confidentiality of patient health information
• Collect payment for retail product sales
• Other clerical duties as assigned
• HS Diploma or equivalent. Advanced training or education in customer service or medical reception desired
• Experience in front desk and/or clinical area registering patients, collecting payments and obtaining/verifying insurance information.
• Ability to communicate calmly and clearly with patients and others on the phone and in-person
• Knowledge of customer service principles and techniques
• Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including multi-line telephone, scanner, computer and fax machine.
• Ability to navigate Practice Management and EHR systems
Monday – Friday, 7 am to 3:30 pm