The Medical Assistant/LPN collaborates with the physician on the patient care coordination team. Responsibilities include a variety of patient care tasks including patient flow, assisting the physician, assisting in procedures, Electronic Health Record scribing, lab duties, telephone calls, phlebotomy and other clinical duties as assigned.
- Deliver high quality and efficient patient care services including rooming patients, collecting patient history, scribing visit content, relaying instructions to patients/families, and communicating pertinent clinical information
- Provide direct assistance to physician with surgical and medical procedures such as excisions, biopsies, wart treatment, cosmetic services etc.
- Perform lab duties including instrument sterilization and processing, specimen handling, triage phone calls, biopsy log management and other duties as assigned
- Prepare exam rooms for daily clinic activities i.e. clean, organize and stock rooms with necessary equipment and supplies, turn on lasers/equipment, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations and policies, procedures and standards
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant or Practical Nursing Program with a current Medical Assistant Certification (CMA, RMA or LPN)
- Demonstrated ability or experience in patient flow management, medical assisting, and confidential management of patient health information
- Ability to multi-task and to provide services to patients in a warm, professional manner
- Electronic Health Record experience; must be comfortable with technology
- Dermatology experience a plus
Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, days