The Medical Assistant/LPN collaborates with the physicians and patient care teams to provide excellent patient care and service. Responsibilities include a variety of patient care tasks including assisting physicians, scribing, providing photodynamic light therapy treatments, telephone calls, Electronic Health Record charting, lab duties and other administrative and clinical duties as assigned.
- Deliver high quality and efficient patient care services including relaying instructions to patients/families, communicating pertinent clinical information including pathology and lab results and medication refills.
- Assist dermatologists with patient care including surgical and cosmetic procedures
- Perform lab duties including instrument sterilization and processing, specimen handling, biopsy log management and other duties as assigned.
- Administer photodynamic light therapy treatments to patients according to physician orders.
- Performs clinical duties including phlebotomy, suture removals and wound care
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations and policies, procedures and standards
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program with a current Medical Assistant Certification (CMA, RMA or LPN) or ability to obtain certification within 6 months
- Demonstrated ability or experience in patient flow management, medical assisting, and confidential management of patient health information
- Ability to multi-task and to provide services to patients in a warm, professional manner
- Electronic Health Record experience
40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, day shift