Join a Top Workplace!! Dermatology Consultants is happy to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the 3rd year! Founded in 1949, we are a thriving private dermatology practice with 22 physicians and 4 clinic locations in the East Metro.
The Patient Account Representative performs specific operational responsibilities within a functional unit within revenue cycle management and resides in the business office. The position is responsible for patient account resolution. The business office acts as a patient advocate by providing information on health insurance, insurance billing, and the reimbursement process to patients as well as working directly with the Dermatology Consultants physicians and staff in areas that impact the revenue cycle. A patient account representative will be assigned daily responsibilities; however, will have a strong understanding of all main functions of the revenue cycle.
• Manage the pre-collection process including calling patients regarding past amounts due, sending letters as needed, contacting patients with an outstanding balance prior to upcoming appointments.
• Answer the Business Office phone line and provide patient-centered customer service
• Transaction and data entry posting (adjustments, denials, reversals, etc)
• Review and process return mail
• Review and process cash and bank deposits
• Maintain understanding of policies and procedures of the entire Business office
• Protect patient confidentiality
• Business Office document scanning
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and strong attention to detail
• Ability to use practice management software (Cerner) and EHR system (Encite)
• Strong technology skills including using computer software, MS Office, fax, copier, printer
• Ability to use fingers/hands for data entry and phone work up to 8 hours daily
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisor, clinical staff, and physicians
• Ability to audit and understand multiple payment accounts
• Knowledge of healthcare billing and reimbursement a plus
• Ability to understand a payer remittance advice and knowledge of collection laws and practices a plus
Schedule: Fulltime 32-40 hours/week, Monday – Friday