Join a Top Workplace!! Dermatology Consultants is happy to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the 3rd year! Founded in 1949, we are a thriving private dermatology practice with 21 physicians and 4 clinic locations in the East Metro.
The Medical Assistant or LPN collaborates with the physician/surgeon on the patient care team at St. Paul and Eagan Clinics. Responsibilities include a variety of hands-on patient care duties including assisting with patient flow, assisting the physician, assisting in cosmetic procedures, Mohs surgery assisting, Electronic Health Record scribing, lab duties, and phlebotomy.
• Provide direct assistance to physician with surgical and medical procedures such as Mohs surgery, excisions, biopsies, wart treatment, cosmetic services etc.
• Room patients and stay with patient throughout visit to scribe for physician in EMR system
• Perform clinical and administrative duties including injections, phlebotomy, instrument cleaning, specimen handling, phone calls, scheduling, and patient education
• Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant or Practical Nursing Program with a current Medical Assistant Certification (CMA, RMA or LPN) or ability to obtain certification within 6 months
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment
• Ability to travel between the St. Paul and Eagan clinics
• Ability to multi-task and to provide services to patient in a warm and professional manner
• EMR experience
Schedule: Monday –Friday, day shifts, 34-40 hours/week