Why See a Board-certified Dermatologist?
There are a number of reasons why you should see a Board-certified Dermatologist for your skin, hair and nail health.
- They can diagnose and treat over 3,000 conditions.
- Dermatologists can help you create a skin care plan that will address the unique needs of your skin to keep it looking its best.
- They are best equipped to handle recurring problems like acne and rosacea as they work with the latest treatments and technologies to make coping easier.
- Dermatologists are your best line of defense against skin cancer, as they can screen your skin for pre-cancerous and cancerous spots and create a treatment plan.
- Cosmetic dermatological procedures can save money, discomfort and downtime over plastic surgery.
Board-certified Dermatologists are truly experts in their field. They must graduate 4 years of undergraduate study, 4 years of medical school, a 1-year internship and 3 years of dermatology training. Many dermatologists then go on to achieve additional training in specific areas of dermatology, such as surgical dermatology.
Learn more about the importance of seeing a Board-certified Dermatologist from Dr. Lazar: