Dear Patients, Partners and Friends:
As I reflect back on a year that marked several milestones, Dermatology Consultants strived to provide the best care possible for our patients. This year we not only improved many of our performance measurements, we incorporated new capabilities that dramatically increased access to our board-certified dermatologists. In March, we introduced Same Day Next Day Appointments which has shortened the wait for appointments and provided ways to treat more acute skin conditions in a timely manner. You asked for this, and we listened. I’m proud that Dermatology Consultants was the first to offer this service in the Twin Cities.
In the spirit of continuous improvement, our practice has reached out to patients in many other ways this year as well:
- The Skin Cancer Center introduced a virtual center of excellence within our practice and furthered our work in preventing, diagnosing and treating skin cancer. We remain committed to fighting skin cancer by providing the most advanced technologies and treatments available.
- Our dermatologists continue to educate the public on skin cancer and skin care through our work in the media. Just this year, our doctors have lent their expertise to news stories on Fox9, KARE11, KSTP and within numerous online and print media stories including Minneapolis/St.Paul Magazine and Health Care News.
- Dermatology Consultants physicians continue to be recognized for significant Twin Cities awards as “Top Doctors” within major publications like Minnesota Monthly. We’re proud to be honored by our peers in this manner year after year.
- And of course, we provided education and events to bring you the best in cosmetic skin care. We know that healthy skin means great looking skin as well, and our doctors (and estheticians) always search for the most effective non-invasive cosmetic treatments available.
Keep in mind we couldn’t provide this level of patient care without our extraordinary staff. Here are just a few mind-boggling statistics that highlight the work they do:
- In 2016, this talented group performed beyond expectations, fielding nearly 141,000 calls to our central scheduling line with the lowest wait times in the history of our practice.
- Our Pathology Lab processed nearly 30,000 cases, often providing diagnoses within just 24 hours.
- And we realized 99% correct claims through the Business Office – a record we’ve kept for the past 18 months.
To the 137,974 patients we saw in 2016, thank you for trusting Dermatology Consultants with you and your family’s skin. To our partners, both referring physician practices and major health care organizations, we are proud to take care of your referrals. Our mission is to provide our patients with exceptional skin care in a safe and welcoming environment and I hope you can see by this brief look at our accomplishments and metrics in 2016 that we take the definition of “exceptional” very, very seriously!
On behalf of the physicians and staff at Dermatology Consultants, I would like to wish you a productive, happy and healthy New Year!
CEO, Dermatology Consultants