Facials are often considered a way to pamper yourself, but they’re more than just a special treat. As performed by an esthetician, regular facials are important to your skin’s health and overall wellness. Here are some ways you’ll benefit from making regular facials part of your skin care routine.
- Healthy pores: When pores get clogged you end up with blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and other blemishes – and if you pick at them or improperly treat them at home, they can cause scars, redness, swelling and other problems. Estheticians carefully and safely extract dirt and oils from your pores, leaving them fresh and clean.
- Deep cleaning: A deep cleansing facial goes a step further than the cleaning you do at home. Your whole face is cleansed of the dirt and oils that cause problems. Even if you wash your face every day, chances are you can still benefit from a professional cleanse.
- Powerful exfoliation: Even if exfoliating is part of your at-home skin care routine, you can’t get a deep exfoliation like you can from an esthetician. This is often done in addition to a facial and may require additional visits for treatments like microdermabrasion or chemical peels, which remove damaged skin cells and encourage the growth of new, healthy skin.
- Fight aging: Facials help combat visible signs of aging by sloughing off old skin and allowing new skin to take its place. When regularly maintained with facials this is a balanced cell turnover. Facials can also boost the production of collagen which keeps our skin looking fuller and healthier.
- Massage: Beyond just feeling good, the face, scalp and neck massage that usually accompanies facials promotes drainage from your lymph nodes. This flushes toxins and increases circulation, giving your skin a healthy glow.
- Masks: Many of us get too busy to remember to give our skin a weekly mask treatment at home. As part of a facial you’ll probably be given a facial mask or two, depending on your needs. When your pores are steamed and cleaned, the masks go to work deeper in your skin where they do the most good for your complexion.
- Consultation: As part of your facial session, feel free to ask questions of the esthetician. You can learn about what’s being done to your skin and find out how to keep up the results at home in between facials. Our estheticians can also recommend products.
- Stress relief: Most people will agree that facials are relaxing. In this way, they really are a special treat – but one you should allow yourself to indulge in regularly. Enjoy the stress relief benefits of a facial alongside the healthier, more beautiful skin facialscreate!
To schedule your next facial appointment call 651-209-1600 or request an appointment online.